Sunday, October 20, 2013

Not being able to live with HIV in my own state of Alabama feels like a soldier without a country.

Not being able to live with HIV in my own state of Alabama feels like a soldier without a country.

I read were ALABAMA is the worst state to be living with HIV in, I don't know what that means but I did read that somewhere. I had to move t...o ATLANTA to get decent services isn't that pretty bad you have to move to get HIV SERVICES an I still don't feel its changed enough for me to move back to ALABAMA. I wonder whose at fault for how Alabama services? Can you imagine if the ones who know they are HIV have trouble there wonder how bad it could be for those on the outer edges of HIV SERVICES regions? My mom lives near Anniston AL an the clinic in Anniston better than the 1917 clinic even in 1998 DR HANNA was said to be the best kept secret in the south on HIV CARE. But DR. HANNA is human she ages just like the rest of us an she has seen many pass from HIV in her are of the state. See many I met with HIV back then had moved away to the big cities were they got HIV they then got sick an came home to die with AIDS an Dr Hanna was most the time their DOC. because most couldn't afford to run to Birmingham when they needed treatment. An I still hear people living with HIV have to travel 100 or more miles across different parts of Alabama to reach HIV CARE. I had seen many HIV doctor's over the years all over the south but Dr Hanna helped me more than anyone had ever. Doctor Hanna was with me the day my tcells dropped to AIDS definition and she was with me when I cried over hearing the news because back then there wasn't to many meds to choose from an the ones she chose was 3TC an zerit . Which I ended up being resistant to few years later. I can say if DR Hanna retires it will be a big loss in rural Alabama . An I want to say thank you DR Hanna for your being there for me. But I still wonder why Alabama is so far behind? Will I ever be able to live near my mom an not worry about living with HIV in Alabama an getting better services? These are questions am sure many have thought just as I have an we all want to know why? Whose to blame? Or what's to blame? The work hard with very little so if you feel the need to help please donate to this center to help those in rural ALABAMA HIV .

P.S. I lost my HIV MEDS virginity at this clinic because I am living with HIV which I tested in first group in Alabama that tested HIV+ an hadn't taken HIV meds until 1997-8 because I had treated myself naturally all those years with natural therapies. So this DR. an this clinic play a part in my history of living 30- or more yrs with HIV in Alabama.
http://www.hscal.org/
THANK YOU, DOCTOR HANNA!
TG GREEN

No comments: